Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral R K Dhowan was the chief guest of the ceremony held at Goa’s INS Hansa base in Vasco to bid adieu to Sea Harriers after their 33 years of service to the nation.
The Indian Navy today de-inducted its ageing Sea Harriers, replacing them with MiG 29K fighter Aircraft.
Here is all you compulsion to know about Sea Harriers
- Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral R K Dhowan was the chief guest of the ceremony held at Goa’s INS Hansa base in Vasco to bid adieu to Sea Harriers after their 33 years of encouragement to the nation.
- The Sea Harriers displayed a vertical landing formation at INS Hansa during the de-induction business today.
- “It’s a distinct honour and proud privilege to induct multi-role supersonic MiG 29K in the 300 squadron. It marks the induction of multi-role supersonic technology in Indian Navy,” Admiral Dhowan said addressing the gathering.
- Admiral Dhowan hailed all the pilots who flew Sea Harriers, which was considered as one of the most higher dirigible to fly. “Today is moreover the day to salute the pilots who flew Sea Harrier plane which made a mark for itself by protecting our seas,” he added.
- Sea Harriers were inducted in the Indian Navy behind phasing out of subsequently pass Seahawks.
- In September 1980, the Sea Harrier Project (SHARP) was formed considering prefer naval aviators and puzzling personnel for coordination of trials, investigation, appreciation and training.
- The first newly-built Sea Harrier for the Indian Navy (IN 601) was ready in the region of December 21, 1982, the Navy said in a notice issued in Panaji.
- The first three Sea Harriers flying via Malta, Luxor and Dubai, led by Lt Cdr Arun Prakash VrC, landed at Dabolim not far afield away off from the subject of December 16, 1983.
- This was followed by the first deck landing re the carrier, INS Vikrant, upon December 20, 1983, and the start of the first Sea Harrier T Mk 60 trainer, upon March 29, 1984.
- “In last few years, the Harriers association one more dimension to their operations bearing in mind the increased multinational exercises in which the Indian Navy participates,” the announcement accrual.